About Farmers Savings Bank
Farmers Savings Bank began serving the community of Colesburg, Iowa in 1907. Since that time, we have grown to four locations located in Delaware, Clayton, and Fayette counties. We are an FDIC state chartered and a truly “family owned” bank with approximately $165 million in assets.
- The Farmers Savings Bank story began on January 26, 1907 in Colesburg, Iowa (Delaware County). Fast forward fifty seven years when the Juergens Family acquired the bank in November of 1964. A new office was built in Colesburg in 1968. An addition was added to this building in 1981.
- We opened the Elkport, Iowa (Clayton County) office in 1995. The Turkey River divides the communities of Elkport and Garber so we have always considered this the Elkport/Garber office.
- We opened a temporary office in Strawberry Point, Iowa (Clayton County) in January of 2002 and moved into our new office building in June of that year. An addition was added to this building in 2012.
- We opened the Arlington, Iowa (Fayette County) office in October of 2003 and added an addition which included the first ever drive-up window in Arlington in November of 2004.
- Due to all of the consistent growth in customers and employees over the years, a new office was built in Colesburg, Iowa in 2013.
Throughout our first century and even more important now, is the commitment to serving the communities we are a part of as it is paramount to our success. We are grateful to the generations of customers for allowing us to be their bank.
If you are interested in beginning a career at Farmers Savings Bank please drop off or mail a resume to Mark White, 205 Main Street, PO Box 127, Colesburg, Iowa 52035.