Mobile Banking is an excellent resource for customers on the move. We often travel for work or pleasure accessing our account information from anywhere. It is important that you don't access mobile banking and/or the Internet via an unsecured or public Wi-Fi. It puts you at greater risk for cyber crimes. However, no one is immune from cyber crime but following these tips can help you stay safe when connecting to the internet from a mobile device.
- Never leave your device unattended
- Use a screen lock feature with a strong PIN or password
- Update software regularly
- Disable your devices ability to automatically connect to Wi-Fi. Do so manually so you can choose what and when you want to connect.
- Review all apps and app requests prior to downloading them to your device